Welcome to Dragonscale Clippings

Inside the mind of a writer...

My motto for 2012: Quality, not quantity

I am currently exploring the sensation of Sound...

Monday 11 July 2011

Dragonscale Clippings - why?


Dragonscale Clippings

Dragonscale Clippings is the blog belonging to me, Freya Pickard. If you want to get inside the mind of a writer, this is the blog to read.

Firstly, what is a blog? A blog is like an informal diary that is kept online and is available for the world to see. So you have to be careful what you write…! I’m fairly new to them but have slowly begun to understand how they are a way of communicating with the rest of world. Through my blog I have reached people I would never otherwise have come into contact with.

Secondly, what do I blog about? Mainly I write about writing. Sounds boring, but I’m interested in the creative process. It is fascinating to receive feedback from people in response to my blogs. Sometimes I express my opinions. At other times I just capture a moment in time. Also I reflect on everyday life and how ordinary or fascinating it can be.

Thirdly, why bother reading a blog? For sheer enjoyment! I do not write long entries. Most of the time I write two or three sentences at most. Occasionally I write more if I’ve reviewing something or having a rant!

Fourthly, how do you find my blog? If you have internet access it’s simple. Simply go to http://dragonscaleleggings.blogspot.com/
Have a look around. Leave a comment or two if you wish. Follow me if you want!

I was recently awarded The Versatile Blogger Award which you can read about here http://dragonscaleleggings.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

If you would like to be updated every time I blog (I usually blog once a week, maximum is 3 times a week) then please send an email to Freya.pickard@gmail.com with Blog in the subject line.

Comments left by readers of my blog: -
A beautiful description and an appreciation of how to be aware of the miracle of nature
I am loving your resolutions, they are so on the ball.
This is great – I can almost see the “word-ships”
Lovely little gem
Love this – I am reminded of the mist that so often hangs above the fields beyond my house

1 comment:

  1. I read your poem ... that was "Poem of the Week." It was most excellent. A real pleasure. I didn't comment there at Jingle because my computer was taking forever to allow me to do so. Liz

    ReplyDelete