Welcome to Dragonscale Clippings

Inside the mind of a writer...

My motto for 2012: Quality, not quantity

I am currently exploring the sensation of Sound...

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Something I've learnt recently...

Writing morning pages is like cooking with leeks. 

If you spend time preparing them and get all the gritty bits out before you start cooking leeks, it makes life so much easier. I've found the same with writing morning pages. 

If I get myself out of the way first thing, I can concentrate so much better on everything else during the day. It's as if all the stuff that usually whizzes round in my head, distracting me, gets poured out on the page. It doesn't solve any problems, but it does help me to concentrate on what really needs to be done. 

So thank you Fiona for inspiring me to come back to the habit of morning pages in both Lorrie's Story and A Year of Questions! 

1 comment:

  1. I more or less gave up on morning pages when I started writing small stones. I found I was just using the pages to prioritize the day ahead! May be I'll start again one day.

    ReplyDelete