Welcome to Dragonscale Clippings

Inside the mind of a writer...

My motto for 2012: Quality, not quantity

I am currently exploring the sensation of Sound...

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Feedback - Clippings June 2011 - from Linda Turner

Clippings
I always love Dragonscale as you know!

Book Two of the Future
Once again, a wonderful witty extract, the tone matching the dialogue perfectly. This is tantalisingly intriguing. I do think Tanek sounds quite hunky too. 

The Wilting June by Heather Connelly
So many lovely and wistful analogies. A leaving with the early blooms. I have no knowledge of flowers, I'm afraid, and always thought they bloomed in June, so this seems an alternative, upside down world where sadness comes at what should be a hopeful time of year. I enjoyed this. I especially like the fleeting glimpses of past joys and colours of them that make their loss all the more poignant along with the lonely sorrow of the leaving itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment