Welcome to Dragonscale Clippings

Inside the mind of a writer...

My motto for 2012: Quality, not quantity

I am currently exploring the sensation of Sound...

Monday 7 November 2011

Review: Out of the Silent Planet by C S Lewis

Out of the Silent Planet (Space Trilogy, #1)Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis


My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I started re-reading Out of the Silent Planet last month as I felt the need for refreshment rather than challenge...





It was delightful to re-engage with Lewis' spectucular approach to space travel. I love the sensation of light in this novel and the beautiful descriptions of the planet that the hero is forcibily removed to.





I know that some people have told me that they have struggled with the images on "Mars" but for me it is always refreshing and renewing to read Lewis' prose. I also enjoyed his discussions on arch-types throughout the universe.





If you enjoy space travel and discovering new worlds, this is one to try!





View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed the work of C S Lewis but have never read this one - must look it out.

    ReplyDelete