Welcome to Dragonscale Clippings

Inside the mind of a writer...

My motto for 2012: Quality, not quantity

I am currently exploring the sensation of Sound...

Friday 10 February 2012

Review by Greenpea of Dragonscale Leggings

I was recommended to read this book by a friend who thought I needed cheering up. And in these days when one's job is uncertain and the whole financial situation is looking appalling, I suppose the book did what my friend wanted it to. The central character, Dracomagan, is an engaging and entertaining person who comes alive on the first page. Although the book is not the sort of genre I generally read, it was not, to my relief full of ethereal elves and talking creatures. Well, the dragons talk and are rather rude actually! It's as if the author has held up a mirror to the fantasy genre and had a really good laugh at it. I had a good laugh too. If you want a bit of light entertainment and good belly laugh in every chapter, this is the book to buy. If there are any more follow on books I'd definitely read them.

Greenpea

No comments:

Post a Comment