Welcome to Dragonscale Clippings

Inside the mind of a writer...

My motto for 2012: Quality, not quantity

I am currently exploring the sensation of Sound...

Thursday 15 March 2012

Day 4 Katie Wood tells us more about herself

If you could spend a day with anyone, living or dead, real or ficticious, who would it be and why?
Jane Austen, I think! She’s my favourite author, and she’s just so witty. She would keep me entertained all day with sharp remarks about those around us, and I would love to share some of my Mr Darcy daydreams with her!
 
What's the worst/best job you've ever had?

Well, I’ve had some fairly bad jobs. I think the worst was when I worked in a pharmacy when I was 17-18, because everybody who came in was grumpy, as you don’t go into a pharmacy if you’re feeling well! People used to moan at me because their prescriptions weren’t ready, but there wasn’t anything I could do about it because of my age and lack of qualifications.  It was really frustrating.
The best job I’ve ever had is my current job! I’m what’s called a Relay worker for a charity called UCCF. I support the Christian Union at UEA in Norwich—I get to encourage students in their walk with Jesus and get excited about the Bible with them and tell people about how amazing Jesus is!

What's your favourite music?

My favourite artist is definitely Taylor Swift. Her songs always tell stories, and it is stories that I love (you might have realised this by now!). They are so real; she sings about exactly what it’s like to be young and in love, to have your heart broken, to be excited about your friends and life. It’s positive and cheering and always has a catchy tune!

What's your favourite TV programme and why?

I think my favourite is Gilmore Girls, probably for similar reasons as I like Taylor Swift. Gilmore Girls is about a community, about people, how they grow and change and drift apart and come together. Nothing really major ever happens in the plot, which I find relaxing and reassuring. And the speech is so fast and witty and I always think ‘wow, I wish I’d said that!’

What's your favourite food?

Macaroni cheese! I just love cheese, I could eat it all day! This is my ultimate comfort food.

Five words that describe yourself...

  • Pink
  • Smiley
  • Creative
  • Emotional
  • Bookworm

Three reasons why people should buy Girls for God.
1 – because your life isn’t perfect
2 – because you love Jesus
3 – because you want to know more about Jesus


Katie Wood's review blogsite can be found at Lose Yourself Book Reviews and tomorrow you can find out how to get hold of her book Girls for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment