Welcome to Dragonscale Clippings

Inside the mind of a writer...

My motto for 2012: Quality, not quantity

I am currently exploring the sensation of Sound...

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Wednesday Words - Jules' Gem Stones

It's Wednesday again already and this week I'd like to introduce you to my friend JulesPaige.

She really does write jewels on the page...

Her main blog can be found at julesgemstones and it's a feast of small stones including a form I've only recently come across - the Dutch Elfje.

If you are short of time and need a few moments to relax and escape, I highly recommend her blog; it will help you focus and breathe normally, particularly if you feel stressed.

My favourite small stone of Jules' is still: -

The Samurai has sheathed his beloved sword
Perhaps he spends the day in careful meditation watching rain drops fall
Over his aging koi and into his private pond while he sits quietly unadorned
His fine battle garments and helmet set upon a fine display near an inner rice-paper wall
As the dull grey sky waits to be carefully opened – perhaps not at all this day


For more delights such as this please visit her blog site.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favourite of Jules Gemstones too.

    ReplyDelete